The Real You
Do you have bad habits that you just can’t seem to break, no matter how hard you try? Are you addicted to something that is slowly destroying you? Do you feel hopeless in this area?
The Holy Spirit gives us power to break any addiction that we might be enslaved to.
If you have accepted Christ as your Savior, His Spirit lives in you. He genuinely cares about you and wants you to be healthy and whole. No matter what addictions you may be fighting, Jesus can give you hope for a fresh start.
Be honest with yourself.
First, we have to admit that we have a problem and that we can’t keep going on like we have in the past. Second, we have to admit that we need help from God and the people around us. We can’t do it on our own.
God says we can come boldly to His throne to ask for help when we need it most. He doesn’t abandon us in our weakness. He doesn’t leave us stranded.
If you feel like you are a captive to sin and addictions, remember that God is in the business of setting captives free. Ask Him to help you! He can set you free.
Remember: We can overcome any addiction through the power of His Holy Spirit.
What God wants:
- Give you the power to overcome temptations.
- Give you wisdom to make wise choices.
- Bring people into your life that will help you stay strong.
- What bad habits do I have that are hard to break?
- Are there addictions in my life that are holding me back from my full potential?
- Will I humble myself to come to God and ask for His help to break these habits?
- What does it mean to be empowered by the Holy Spirit?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages for the day and ask God to speak to you:
- John 10:10
- John 8:34-36
- James 5:16
- Hebrews 4:15-16
- Luke 4:18
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)