Are You Free?
Freedom is something we all highly value. It is a fundamental human need. Many have even willingly sacrificed their lives to fight for their freedom. Unfortunately, each of us are born into the world with a sinful nature which brings bondage in our lives. True freedom starts on the inside with a whole-hearted pursuit of God.
Jesus Can Set Us Free
Jesus is able to set us free from bondage to sin, so that we are free no matter what takes place externally in our lives. When we seek Him – we will find Him and He will release us from captivity. Jesus said, “…you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. If the Son makes you free, you shall be truly free.” (From John 8:31-36).
Remember: True freedom starts on the inside with a whole-hearted pursuit of God.
What God wants to do for you:
- Set you free from being a captive to sin, when you surrender your life to Him.
- Bring restoration to your identity as a child of God.
- Teach you how to live in the freedom that He gives.
- What is your heart longing for? Peace? Love? Acceptance?
- What do you need freedom from? (Fear, bondages, loneliness, hopelessness addictions, sin, etc.)
- What is the key to maintaining lasting freedom?
- How could seeing yourself through the loving eyes of God bring you encouragement in your journey toward freedom?
- How can you willingly and sincerely seek, and draw near to the Lord?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Jeremiah 29:13,14
- James 4:8
- Psalm 73:28
- Isaiah 61:1-3
- Isaiah 49:9
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)