What lies behind that great curtain called death?
This is the question most every person asks, and this is the place every person must enter alone. Many are terrified at what will happen to them. Naturally, they would like to know in advance what they could expect on the other side. They want some assurance that all will be well.
Death doesn’t need to be a hopeless plunge into the “vast unknown” because the Bible shows us the way to eternal life. God alone knows what really lies on the other side of the veil. That is why we want to see what the Bible has to say to find assurance that we will be with Christ and enjoy his amazing presence forever.
Assurance of Salvation
Jesus came to our sinful world to save us. According to the Word of God, we must believe that Jesus died and rose again. If we ask Him to forgive our sins and be our Savior, He will forgive our sins, and come into our hearts. Jesus gave His life so that we could have eternal life. This is where our assurance is found–not on our works of righteousness, but on Jesus’ finished work on the cross.
Remember: Our assurance of salvation is not based on our works, but rather on Jesus’ finished work on the cross.
What God wants to do for you:
- Forgive your sins, and come into your heart.
- Offer you the gift of eternal life through His sacrifice on the cross.
- Give you “peace of mind” and assurance that you can go to heaven through believing in Him.
- Why are some people unsure if they will go to heaven?
- According to God’s Word, if we have received the Son of God will we have eternal life?
- Why did God give his only Son to die for us?
- Are you afraid of dying? How can you live without the fear of death?
- If eternity is time that is infinite or unending, how important is it that you are well-prepared?
- How does the assurance of eternal life affect your “peace of mind”?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- I John 5:11-13
- John 3:16
- Romans 6:23
- John 3:36
- John 5:24
- John 11:25-26
- John 10:28
- Revelation 3:5
- Matthew 25:21
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)