God’s Wonderful Family
God loves you, and welcomes into His spiritual family all those who believe in, and receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. Birth is an important part of life. Not only are we born naturally to experience life here on this earth, we also must be born spiritually to experience the kingdom of God.
Born in the Spirit
Being born in the spirit is only made possible through Jesus Christ. Jesus is the one who said we must be born again. This happens as we believe in Jesus and His death, burial, and resurrection. We must receive Him as our Savior, and surrender to His Lordship in our life.
As Jesus exchanges our un-righteousness for His righteousness, we are cleansed and forgiven of our sins, and blessed with a new way of living.
Remember: Being “born again” means that when we surrender our heart and life to Jesus, He gives us new spiritual life.
What God wants to do for you:
- Give you spiritual rebirth, making all things new.
- Give you a new name, a new nature, a new identity as His child.
- Adopt us into His family.
- Give you a beautiful inheritance of eternal life in heaven.
- What does it mean to be “born again”?
- Being born again is Biblical. It does not refer to being part of an organization or sect. It has to do with a spiritual birth. Do you have a desire to become a born again Christian?
- The Bible says, “the old has gone – the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17) What was your “old nature”? As a born again Christian, what is now your “new nature”?
- As part of God’s family, we are His heirs. What is the “inheritance” that we receive?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- John 3:16,17
- 1 Peter 1:23
- John 3:3,5-7
- Revelation 3:20
- Ephesians 2:4-9
- Ephesians 3:19
- I Peter 2:9-10
- Ezekiel 36:26
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)