Understanding the Gospel
The Gospel is Good News! This sums it up simply: Jesus, the Holy Son of God who was never for a second a sinner, died on a cross. The One without sin was treated as if He had committed every sin committed by every person. Why? So that we could become righteous and without sin in God’s sight. He loves us so much that He not only paid the penalty for our sin by dying on the cross, he conquered death, and came to life again on the third day to give us hope of eternal life.
Because of Jesus, we can be righteous.
“For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Now that IS Good News!
Remember: Jesus is God’s message of salvation. He took the penalty for our sin so that we could be made righteous.
What God wants to do for you:
- Save you from the terrible consequences of sin.
- Be your Savior, Lord, and Friend.
- Show you His love through His sacrifice.
- Teach you how to live in freedom through His Word.
- What’s the best news you’ve ever heard?
- When Jesus was born, why did the angels say that they were bringing “good news that would bring great joy to all people”?
- What is the meaning of the name “Jesus”? (Matthew 1:21)
- What makes the Gospel so powerful?
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus such an important part of this message?
- Why is it important to preach the Good News before the end comes?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- Romans 1:16
- Matthew 1:21
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- Matthew 24:14
- I John 2:2
- Luke 2:10,11
- I John 3:16
- John 15:13
- Romans 5:8
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)
Download our free Bible lesson guide to study this topic further!
Size: 0.65 MB
Size: 0.64 MB