Have You Eaten Yet?
Have you ever…
Have you ever experienced extreme hunger? When we don’t have food, it can really affect us. Suddenly our priorities shift. The search for something substantial becomes all-encompassing until it is the only thing we think about or want. Most of us eat three meals every day, yet often forget that it is equally as important to feed our spirit. The Word of God is the most nutritious spiritual meal around.
The Word of God
Surprisingly, many Christians don’t make a habit of reading their Bible daily, and then are shocked when their spiritual life begins to weaken. They may begin to lose their faith in God or begin to criticize, argue, and be jealous of one another.
In order for a baby to grow strong and healthy, it needs to have consistent, daily nutrition. It’s the same way with you.
Remember: You aren’t the exception to the rule on daily spiritual food.
What God wants to do through His Word:
- Reveal to you who He is, Show you His incredible love and His promises
- Encourage your heart and spirit
- Speak to you personally
- Give you wisdom to know how to make the best decisions
- Where would my spiritual life be in ten years if I didn’t read my Bible?
- Do I read my Bible daily and ask God to speak to me through it?
- What is a verse that I can be encouraged with today?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages for the day and ask God to speak to you:
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)
- Matthew 4:4
- Matthew 11:28
- Hebrews 4:12
- 1 Peter 2:2