He makes all things new.
Have you ever broken something valuable to you? Did you try to fix it with superglue? It’s hard to make it perfect again, right? In the same way, we are broken people because of sin. We need more than just “fixing” – we need Christ to make us brand new. To experience new life, we first need to experience new birth. This involves a new identity, a new nature, and a new way of living.
Our behavior and lifestyle need to be changed to God’s holy pattern. In the book of Psalms, King David prays, “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.” When we repent of the sin in our lives, God is able to put a new and right spirit within us. He wants to help us live a new life in Christ – the beautiful way we were created to live.
Remember: God wants to help us live a new life in Christ – the beautiful way we were created to live.
What God wants to do for you:
- Change you from “broken to whole” and from “sinful to holy”.
- Take your grief and trauma and give you comfort and peace.
- Heal you and be a tender and compassionate friend.
- How will my new life in Christ be seen in my words and actions?
- Have you experienced brokenness in your life? God specializes in making broken people whole and offers them a fresh start.
- Saul’s life is a wonderful illustration of being radically converted from a persecutor of Christians to a follower of Jesus. (Read Acts 9:1-31)
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- Revelation 21:5
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- 1 Peter 2:9,10
- Psalm 51:10
- Matthew 18:3
- Acts 2:38
- Acts 3:19
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)