A Simple Conversation
“Hi love! How are you? I miss you! :)” Conversations like this can be simple but are vital for the development of any relationship. Through communication, we express what we feel, what we want to happen, our likes and dislikes. We get to know each other on a deeper level and we begin to share our heart.
Think about it.
How can you come to know someone if you never talk with them?
Through prayer–communicating with God– we can come to Him and share our heart and desires with Him. Jesus wants us to pray at all times. He wants us to talk to Him about what is going on in our lives. He wants to be our best friend.
Remember: Jesus wants to have a deep, personal relationship with you.
What God wants to do for you:
- Be your best friend
- Communicate with you personally
- Speak to your heart and show you that He loves you
- If I really saw Jesus as my best friend, how would I communicate with Him?
- Do I talk to Jesus regularly?
- What is stopping me from pouring out my heart to God?
- Do I really believe that God wants to speak to me personally?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages for the day and ask God to speak to you:
- Psalm 27:8
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
- James 4:8
- Jeremiah 33:3
- 1 John 5:14
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)