Receive God’s Precious Gift
Imagine for a moment that someone is knocking at the door of your house. You have a choice to make. Will you choose to ignore them, tell them to go away or invite them in? In the Bible, Jesus says that He is knocking at the door of each of our lives. He desires to come in and give us the free gift of eternal life, but we must welcome Him.
Will you welcome Him in?
He won’t enter where he’s not invited or wanted. If we open the door of our life to Him and receive Him as our Savior, He will come in. Some may choose to ignore him or turn Christ away and refuse His gift. Is this what you want for your life?
However, when anyone truly believes and receives Jesus, He gives them the wonderful privilege of becoming children of God.
Remember: God cannot lie. He promised us that if we open the door of heart and invite Him to come in, He will come in!
What God wants to do for you:
- Give you the gift of eternal life through Jesus.
- Come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior.
- Adopt you into His family and call you His very own child.
- What did Jesus say happens to us when we sincerely receive and believe in Jesus?
- When we receive Jesus as Savior and Lord, we become a new creation. What does that mean to you?
- Does everyone need to be born into God’s family?
- What does it mean to be born into His family (born again)?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages and ask God to speak to you.
- John 1:12-13
- John 8:12
- I John 1:6-9
- John 3:3,7
- Romans 5:17
- Romans 8:15
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)