Fruit is Amazing
It’s flavorful, sweet, and delicious.
However, fruit doesn’t come from a tree overnight. Instead, it comes from a tree that originally started from a single seed. It was planted in good soil, received adequate water and sunlight and developed into a mature tree that could bear fruit.
Fruit-bearing is a natural part of a fruit tree’s life cycle.
Let’s Make It Personal
If we, like a tree, want to have a life full of good fruit, we have to remember to be faithful. Fruitfulness is a result of faithfulness and remaining connected to Jesus. Jesus specifically tells us that we can’t bear fruit apart from Him.
Don’t become impatient in the development process and give up. The Bible promises that we can expect to have the fruit of the Holy Spirit, (such as love, joy and peace) if we remain connected to the source of love, joy and peace–Jesus Christ.
Remember: The wonderful fruit that you want to see in your life only comes when you remain connected to Jesus.
What God wants:
- To develop you, like a tree that bears good fruit
- For you to stay connected to Jesus–the source
- That the fruit from your life would be an incredible inspiration and blessing to those around you
- What type of fruit is resulting from my life?
- Am I staying connected to Jesus?
- Are there areas in my life where I am unfruitful? If so, why?
Take a moment to hear from God:
Read the following Bible passages for the day and ask God to speak to you:
- Luke 6:43-44
- John 15:4-7
- John 15:16
- Gal. 5:22-23
(Hover your mouse over the references to see the verses pop up)